Below is the history of new features and bug fixes in Epicenter Server.
Build 436, Version 8.0. Released 2017-01-16
- New: Added support for forcing Strict Updates to stay enabled.
- Fixed: Epicenter can crash when you click the Close button on the Epicenter window.
- Fixed: Epicenter can hang on Windows Server 2012R2 with scheduled task.
- Fixed: Epicenter shouldn't have exit code 0x1 on success.
- Fixed: Error in Epicenter Client, nNOTES.dll is missing from your computer.
- Fixed: Rarely, Sync License is disabled even though Epicenter is not activated.
- Fixed: Very slow Epicenter startup due to incorrect log and history pruning.
- Fixed: Epicenter may crash due to Outlook 2016's different initialization requirements.
- Fixed: At startup, 32-bit Epicenter does not warn about 64-bit Outlook.
- Fixed: Epicenter installation no longer allowed under Windows XP/Vista/Server 2003.
- Fixed: Epicenter now works with HttpMapi with Outlook 2013. Requires latest Outlook 2013 Service Pack and updates.
- Fixed: Slow startup due to reading long History.
- Fixed: Epicenter crashes at startup if USERPROFILE env var is missing.
- Fixed: Epicenter correctly relicenses users when their primary email addresses changes.
- New: Added search feature to the History pane.
- Fixed: MAPI_E_NETWORK_ERROR on Exchange 2016.
- Improved: Added help text if Outlook 2010 is using HttpMapi.
- New: Added support for 64-bit Outlook Click-to-Run (Requires 64-bit version of this software.)
- Fixed: Epicenter can hang if quickly closed and opened.
- Fixed: Distribution lists incorrectly expanded in Release Candidate.
- New: Dropped support for Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows Server 2008, and Windows Server 2012. 2008R2 and 2012R2 are still supported.
- New: Dropped support for Outlook 2007. Versions prior to Outlook 2007 were already unsupported.
Build 432, Version 8.0. Released 2015-10-31
- New: Outlook 2016 is supported.
- Fixed: MAPI_E_TOO_BIG error opening a mailbox.
- Fixed: Crash under Windows Server 2012R2.
- Fixed: Cache Shared Folders is not being disabled in Build 430.
- Fixed: Anniversary and birthday are off-by-one on iPhone.
- Fixed: Epicenter task exits with status code 0xfffffffd.
- Fixed: "Do not delete" is broken in Reserve User Properties.
Build 430, Version 8.0. Released 2015-07-30
- New: Epicenter works with Exchange MAPI Client (which, unfortunately, does not support Office 365).
- New: Added support for sending to hidden distribution lists.
- Fixed: Unspecified Error at Location 67.
- Fixed: Tasks disappears from Epicenter.
- Fixed: Manage Licenses won't relicense users when others are disabled.
- Improved: Added sanity checks for an invalid GAL and for automapped users.
- Improved: Duplicate recipients in the recipient list are now ignored.
- Fixed: Added useful error message for MAPI_E_NETWORK_ERROR on Office 365.
- Fixed: Using the Add button in the Recipients pane can create an EX address instead of an SMTP address.
- Fixed: MAPI_E_TOO_COMPLEX error sending updates on Office 365.
- Fixed: Failures updating Office 365 with hundreds of recipients.
- Fixed: If there's a failure writing a contact to Outlook, the rest of the contacts should still be written.
- Improved: Significant performance increase updating mailboxes in Office 365.
- Fixed: Validate All button does not work in Manage Licensed Users window.
- Fixed: Photos are overwritten even when they are supposed to be a Reserved Property.
- New: Outlook 2016 Preview is supported.
- Improved: History Files and Log files will be automatically purged after a couple of months.
- Fixed: Conversion Error, Location 19, Unspecified Error.
- Fixed: Epicenter may not shutdown with Outlook 2013 C2R.
Build 426, Version 7.0. Released 2014-03-30
- Fixed: Can't read PNG photos from the GAL.
- Fixed: Changes in the GAL may not be synced to end-user mailboxes with Exchange 2010.
- Fixed: Browsing for Public Folders is broken.
- Fixed: Activation errors aren't shown to the user.
Build 424, Version 7.0. Released 2013-04-15
- Fixed: Crash in demo at startup.
- Fixed: Tasks can be deleted if they run concurrently.
- Fixed: Epicenter can't send update to email address that appears in both a contact and a user.
- Improved: Added Epicenter support for multiple selection to allow "send all".
- Fixed: Epicenter contacts may stop syncing after a 2012 Q3 Exchange service pack.
- Fixed: The Special Handling checkbox does nothing.
- Fixed: Epicenter Server sometimes fails to open all mailboxes.
- Fixed: Epicenter Server can't create folders with certain accents.
- Fixed: Epicenter can distribute the entire GAL instead of the selected address list.
- Improved: Faster performance of Epicenter during updates.
- New: Added 64-bit version of software. (Separate download.)
Build 422, Version 7.0 (not released). Released 2013-01-05
- Fixed: Unicode characters don't display in the log.
- Fixed: Business 2 phone is ignored.
- Fixed: Some pictures do not show in new contacts in Outlook.
- New: Added support for Windows 8.
- New: Added support for Outlook 2013.
Build 420, Version 7.0. Released 2012-01-24
- Fixed: Epicenter can no longer open mailboxes if it tries to open a contact with no mailbox.
- Improved: Reduced memory requirements when converting photos.
- Fixed: Epicenter Client gives error, "There is not enough space on the disk."
- Fixed: Attachment updates get stuck in Outbox.
- Fixed: Pictures do not update when updates are distributed.
Build 418, Version 7.0. Released 2011-10-03
- Fixed: Epicenter contacts are being updated when nothing has changed.
- Fixed: Epicenter can distribute multiple SMTP addresses that differ only in letter case.
- Fixed: Deleted properties may not sync.
- Fixed: Help/Check for Updates is not working.
- Fixed: Crash when reading the GAL.
Build 416, Version 7.0. Released 2011-08-19
- Fixed: New installations of Epicenter Server may not be able to open mailboxes.
- Fixed: Can't read the GAL on Outlook 2010 with multiple Exchange accounts.
- Fixed: Email page for Attachment updates did not allow newlines.
- Improved: Added support for delicensing users who no longer exist.
- Fixed: Epicenter will not expand distribution lists under some conditions
- Fixed: Epicenter modified contacts when no fields had changed, causing performance problems with large address books.
- Fixed: "Unspecified Error" reading large address lists from Exchange 2010 SP1.
- Improved: Added support for setting Categories as a Reserved Property.
- Fixed: Public Folders is not reselected as a Source.
- Fixed: Available licenses are not reallocated.
Build 412, Version 7.0. Released 2010-11-02
- Fixed: Can't create privileged connection to Exchange 2010.
- Fixed: Cleanup mailboxes command shows as blank for the default folder.
- New: Added support for "Safe Delete" to save changes made by end-users.
- Fixed: Recipients count in History is off-by-one when updating new recipients.
- Fixed: Epicenter Server should no longer be in Startup group.
- New: Added support for Hosted Exchange providers.
- Fixed: Can't create an Epicenter task for the GAL from the cmd line.
- New: Added support for distributing pictures for Mailbox updates.
- Fixed: Demo can crash during startup.
- Fixed: Crash during Cleanup Mailboxes if Exchange Server isn't available.
- Fixed: Epicenter crashes if you click Close as soon as it starts.
- Fixed: User is not automatically notified about upgrades.
- Fixed: Fixup.vbs fails with Type Mismatch errors.
Build 410, Version 7.0. Released 2010-08-25
- Improved: Performance is now at least 5x faster.
- Fixed: Fixup.vbs needs to work if you are not an Administrator.
- New: Added support for Outlook 2010.
- New: Added support for running when user is not logged in.
- Fixed: Folder button does not work if a Public Folder is the source.
- New: Added support for converting Exchange custom attributes #1 through #4.
- Fixed: Disabled licenses are not recycled.
- New: Added support for preserving the the GAL display name in Outlook
- Improved: All contacts are now updated automatically if Fixup.vbs changes or the category changes.
- New: (Beta) Added support for the Exchange MAPI client.
- Fixed: History does not update automatically under Windows XP.
- Improved: Epicenter is now Unicode based for better international character handling.
- For Windows XP, Service Pack 3 is now required
- New: Added command to clean-up old folders and contacts.
- New: Epicenter Server returns a process exit code after running a task.
- Fixed: Epicenter has a significant memory leak.
- Fixed: When browsing the GAL, the folders are sorted incorrectly.
Build 408, Version 6.0. Released 2010-03-31
- Fixed: Business telephone #2 and home telephone #2 are not copied from the GAL.
- Improved: Updates based on the GAL now bypass the Offline Address Book.
- Fixed: Categories are missing from attachment updates.
- Fixed: Email2DisplayName is not deleted on updates. (You must update Fixup.vbs)
- Fixed: Hourly updates do not work.
- Fixed: Updates that make no changes do not appear in the Log.
- Fixed: Last Run Time is not updated if Fixup.vbs fails.
- Fixed: The details for Monthly Schedule aren't shown.
- Fixed: Fixup.vbs does not run for Public Folders.
- Fixed: The License Manager dialog should be enabled in the demo.
- Fixed: Extended MAPI DLL loader does not understand Vista UAC.
- Fixed: Public Folders are shown even if Outlook is not installed.
- Fixed: Hidden GAL users are distributed by Epicenter.
- Fixed: Application crashes running task.
- Fixed: Distribution lists from the GAL should only have one email address. Fixup.vbs is no longer required.
- Improved: Changes in GAL contacts are now detected based on the Exchange USN.
- Fixed: History should update automatically in Vista and Win7.
- Fixed: Certain errors can cause the app to disappear with no error message.
- Fixed: MAPI_E_FAILONEPROVIDER error opening user mailboxes.
- Fixed: Added fix for "Access denied" error creating folder. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Fixed: Tasks going to same folder overwrite each other.
- New: Added support for sending updates to an Exchange Public Folder to support BES 5.
Build 406, Version 5.0. Released 2009-11-17
- New: You can force all contacts to update by enabling Strict Updates.
- Fixed: Epicenter destination folders can't be used as a source.
- Fixed: (Regression in 404) Long comments are truncated converting from Outlook.
- Fixed: (Regression in 404) Application disappears during conversion.
- Fixed: Duplicates are created when distributing Exchange updates.
- New: Public Folders were moved to a separate converter to improve Browse performance.
- Fixed: The category is not set when distributing an Outlook folder.
- Fixed: Bug #824 - Email addresses are never deleted.
Build 404, Version 5.0. Released 2009-10-16
- Fixed: Server crashes if Outlook is not installed.
- New: The Folder button now works for the GAL source.
- Fixed: Contacts synced from Public Folders are not updated.
- Fixed: Eval does not save tasks.
- Fixed: Existing personal contacts can be deleted after upgrading from the eval.
- Fixed: Server crashes in certain permissions scenarios.
Build 402, Version 5.0. Released 2009-07-15
- New: Completely rewrote user interface.
- New: Added support for direct Microsoft Exchange updates to eliminate user interaction for Blackberry users.
- New: Added support for a persistent history with more detail.
- New: Added support for multiple tasks.
Build 386, Version 4.0. Released 2008-01-02
- Fixed: Epicenter Server crashes if you try to distribute the Exchange GAL.
- Fixed: Could not sync with Windows Mobile because the Epicenter contacts cannot not be placed in the default Contacts folder.
- Fixed: Epicenter Server will not activate on some systems.
- Fixed: MAPI_E_CORRUPT_DATA error when reading the GAL under Outlook 2007.
Build 382, Version 4.0. Released 2007-11-29
- Fixed: Epicenter Server crashes if you click Cancel in the File/Open window.
- Fixed: Epicenter Server sometimes crashes in Build 380 when sending an update.
- Fixed: App does nothing but show an empty dialog with red stop sign when run on on Exchange Server.
Build 380, Version 4.0. Released 2007-11-08
- Fixed: Epicenter could crash when modifying recipients if Outlook couldn't resolve the address.
- Improved: Contacts folders created in Outlook will always be created underneath the default Contacts folder so that the new contacts can be found by Blackberry devices.
- Fixed: Should not be allowed to run on Exchange Server because of reliance on Outlook.
- Fixed: If an email address is deleted from a contact on the server, the contact on the client in Outlook isn't properly updated.
- Improved: The Epicenter client now resyncs with the destination folder if tracking information becomes misaligned.
- Improved: The Epicenter client installer now uses a standard Windows Installer MSI file for simpler deployment with system management tools. The ActiveX installation is no longer supported.
- New: Both the server and the client now support Windows Vista.
Build 353, Version 3.0.0. Released 2005-08-15
- Fixed: Updates were not sent if a user in the Epicenter recipient list was deleted from the Exchange GAL.
- Fixed: The Epicenter client would always create duplicates if the destination folder was an Exchange mailbox.
- New: Epicenter Server can now be run from the Windows Task Scheduler when reading contacts from Outlook or Outlook Express.
- New: Added support for creating folders in WAB with WinXP SP2.
- Improved: Recipients are now entered into a textbox to simplify data entry and backup.
- New: For Outlook clients, added support for updating the name of the folder on the client if the admin specifies a new destination folder on the server.
Build 323, Version 2.2.0 [Server only]. Released 2004-03-08
- Fixed bug where email addresses (among other things) could be erased from the clients if the source was the Exchange GAL and users had more than three SMTP email addresses.
- Added support for the Private flag in Outlook so Private contacts can be filtered out using script.
Build 321, Version 2.1.1. Released 2003-11-11
- Fixed crash running under Windows 95 when reading AMI or LDIF files.
- Added workaround for Outlook Express bug that always causes the Plain Text only flag to be set when reading contacts from WAB in IE6+service pack.
Build 320, Version 2.1.0. Released 2003-10-28
- Fixed problem where the Public Folders on an Exchange Server couldn't be opened until Outlook had been run.
- Added support for Outlook 2003, Eudora 6, and Notes 6.5.
- Fixed crash if run more than once simultaneously.
- Fixed error 11 reading distribution lists from Exchange Server.
- Fixed bug with non-default addresses when reading Outlook Express.
- Fixed problem of creating empty distribution lists in Outlook.
- Fixed folder creation in Outlook Express, which broke with the latest cumulative patch for Outlook Express.
- Fixed error 48 writing distribution lists to Outlook 97.
Build 314, Version 2.0.6 [Server only]. Released 2003-02-11
- Fixed bug in email creation that could generation incorrect URLs.
Build 310, Version 2.0.4. Released 2003-02-10
- Added support for distributing contacts from non-default folders in Exchange Server.
- Allowed newlines to be entered into the email message on the server.
- Added script language support to the server to support custom contact distribution requirements.
- Fixed bug where the GAL wouldn't appear as an option in the server.
- Fixed rare problem with certain properties not updating on the client.
- Fixed crash if distributing an empty distribution list.
- Fixed Categories field in Outlook, which had stopped working.
Build 301, Version 2.0.1. Released 2002-08-27
- Added support for users creating distribution lists based on Epicenter contacts.
- Added support for users being able to edit contacts created by Epicenter.
- Fixed bug where distribution list contacts wouldn't work in Outlook.
- Fixed Outlook and Outlook Express distribution lists so that Epicenter won't create duplicate contacts.
- Removed support for Netscape 4.
Build 296, Version 1.5.0 (beta). Released 2002-06-17
- Added support for server administrators to preset all client options so that users never see the configuration wizard.
- Added support for incremental updates.
- Fixed problem where foreign recipients in the GAL would be set to receive rich text.
Build 280, Version 1.1.0. Released 2002-01-29
- Fixed bug where using the Exchange Server GAL as a source would sometimes cause EX addresses to go into the destination.
- Added support for categories in Outlook, Notes, and the Palm Desktop.
- Added support for reading groups from Notes.
- Fixed Eudora, Outlook, PAB, & Outlook Express so that contacts who only appear in distribution lists won't be created as standalone contacts in the destination.
- Added support for the primary address flag in Eudora 5.
Build 278, Version 1.0.2. Released 2001-11-11
- Added support on the client for installation on locked down workstations.
Build 275, Version 1.0.1. Released 2001-10-09
- Added demo version.
- Fixed bug in Advanced mode where modifications to email messages would not be saved.
- Fixed bug in Advanced mode where URL messages would not be sent if Outlook was the default email application.
Build 274, Version 1.0.0. Released 2001-09-26
- First wide distribution release.