Address Magic Enterprise
Below is the history of new features and bug fixes in Address Magic Enterprise.
Build 434, Version 11.0. Released 2016-11-26
- Fixed: Crash converting IMAP.
- Fixed: Thunderbird messages convert with equals signs.
- Fixed: Birthdays from Thunderbird sometimes don't convert.
Build 432, Version 11.0. Released 2015-10-31
- New: Outlook 2016 is supported.
- Fixed: App abruptly exits convert an NDR message from Outlook.
Build 430, Version 11.0. Released 2015-07-28
- New: Outlook 2016 Preview is supported.
- Fixed: Reading and writing Gmail contacts are broken.
Build 428, Version 11.0. Released 2015-05-03
- Fixed: Can't read TB files written by old versions of Address Magic.
- Fixed: Can't open other Exchange mailboxes with user= in Build 426.
- Fixed: Crash converting messages from Outlook to eml.
- Improved: Read Thunderbird folder names from the TB database.
- Fixed: If there's a failure writing a contact to Outlook, the rest of the contacts should still be written.
Build 426, Version 11.0. Released 2014-03-23
- Fixed: Some attachments convert from Thunderbird as all zeros.
- Fixed: Can't convert messages from Thunderbird that were imported to TB with Eudora headers.
- New: Added support for Outlook 2013 Click-to-Run.
- Fixed: Converting Outlook to EML loses the SMTP addresses for messages on Exchange.
- Fixed: Contacts converted to pre-Outlook 2003 show question marks for some fields.
Build 424, Version 11.0. Released 2013-04-14
- Fixed: Can't create CSV files in Enterprise
- Fixed: IgnoreMboxDate does not work converting messages to Outlook
- Improved: Added warning when Thunderbird/mbox parsing stops due to corruption
Build 422, Version 11.0. Released 2013-01-05
- New: Added 64-bit version of software. (Separate download.)
- Improved: Added support for reading photos from Gmail.
- Fixed: Unicode characters don't display in the log.
- Fixed: Can't convert attachments over 96MB.
- Fixed: Business 2 phone is ignored.
- Fixed: Gmail Error, "Can have at most one primary postal address, found 2"
- Fixed: UNC paths do not work for PST files.
- Improved: Added support for converting to multiple separate vcf files.
- Fixed: Rare crash converting to IMAP formats.
- Fixed: Exporting contacts from iCloud corrupts non-English characters.
- Fixed: Can't load more than 1000 separate vCard files.
- New: Added support for writing multiple vCard files.
- Fixed: Converting mail to Google Apps crashes if user cancels login dialog.
- Fixed: Some pictures do not show in new contacts in Outlook.
- Improved: Added support for converting .ics files with both appointments and tasks.
- New: Added support for converting calendars/tasks from Outlook.
- Fixed: Crash converting calendars to Google Apps.
- Improved: Added support for reading the Notes 8.5 data directory from the registry.
- New: Added support for Windows 8.
- Fixed: X-MICROSOFT-CDO-ALLDAYEVENT from Outlook .ics files is ignored.
- New: Added support for Outlook 2013.
Build 420, Version 11.0. Released 2012-01-24
- Fixed: The IncludeTrash parameter does not work for Gmail and IMAP.
- Fixed: Crash when converting to Gmail.
- Fixed: The -a flag does not work when converting from Gmail.
- Fixed: If the Thunderbird "Sent" folder is empty, then converting to Outlook incorrectly creates a Sent folder in Outlook.
- Fixed: The "Spam" folder is not converted.
- Fixed: Crash adding photo to contact in Outlook.
- Fixed: Rare crash converting to IMAP or Gmail.
- New: Added support for iCloud email and address books.
- Improved: Added support for vCard 3.0.
- New: Added support for photos in vCard.
- Improved: Reduced memory requirements when converting photos.
- Improved: Pictures in address books are now converted by default.
- Fixed: Converting messages to Thunderbird fails with "Invalid Argument".
- New: Added support for reading and writing Windows Live Mail contacts.
- Fixed: Netscape email from Linux/Unix does not convert cleanly.
- Improved: Added support for logging unreadable IMAP messages.
Build 418, Version 10.0. Released 2011-10-03
- New: Added support for reading Windows Live 2009 address books.
- Fixed: Fixup.vbs scripts are not working.
- Fixed: Conversions to Gmail can fail with "Lock is locked".
- Fixed: Duplicate detection of messages is failing in strange ways.
- Fixed: Crash converting Thunderbird address book with Simplified Chinese.
- Fixed: Notes sometimes crashes converting NSF to MSG.
- Improved: Accessing Outlook is now more reliable if Outlook is not the default email app.
Build 416, Version 10.0. Released 2011-08-19
- Fixed: Can't read the GAL on Outlook 2010 with multiple Exchange accounts.
- Fixed: "Unspecified Error" reading large address lists from Exchange 2010 SP1.
- New: Added support for reading Windows Live Contacts and Email.
- New: Added support for creating Gmail hierarchical folders.
- Fixed: Can't create some Japanese folder names in Gmail.
- Fixed: Some dates fail to convert from IMAP.
- Fixed: Several crash bugs.
- New: Added support for the Exchange 2010 Personal Archive.
- Fixed: Unicoded PST folders should overflow at 60k messages, not 15k.
- Fixed: Duplicates are created converting from Thunderbird address books.
- Fixed: UTC times in .ics calendar files are not converted to local time.
- Fixed: Crash converting Lotus Notes address books with distribution lists.
Build 414, Version 9.0. Released 2011-06-17
- Fixed: "Protocol error" activating the license.
- Fixed: Eudora email incorrectly converted as Mime type Flowed.
- Improved:IMAP disconnects are now automatically retried.
- Fixed: Can't convert messages with Asian subject lines from Notes to Outlook MSG
- Fixed: Illegal attachment filenames from Lotus Notes are now renamed.
- New: Added support for converting raw NSF files using --NoFolders.
- Fixed: Lotus Notes error messages do not display.
- Fixed: Illegal MIME messages in Lotus Notes can crash the conversion.
- Fixed: Non-English characters may not convert properly from Lotus Notes.
- Fixed: Illegal MIME messages can crash conversions to Thunderbird/mbox.
- Fixed: "Improper Agument" error converting messages from Lotus Notes.
- Fixed: Crash converting messages from Lotus Notes.
- Fixed: The recipient names are corrupted if they are in Asian characters when converting messages from Lotus Notes.
- Fixed: The Categories and Children fields are lost when converting contacts from Outlook.
- Fixed: Duplicate detection is extremely slow with large mailboxes.
Build 412, Version 9.0. Released 2010-11-02
- Fixed: Can't convert messages to HTML.
- Fixed: Converting folders to Outlook with more than 60K messages is very slow.
- Fixed: Date is wrong converting messages from Thunderbird 3.
- Fixed: Body text lines that start with "From " are not ignored under Win7.
- Fixed: Logging is broken in Build 410.
- Fixed: Postal fields are not converted if Eudora is not installed.
- Fixed: Converting to Thunderbird appears to fail if the base folder does not exist.
- Fixed All message conversion counts are off by one in log.
- Fixed: Can't convert more than 255 folders from TB to Outlook.
- New: Added support for reading pictures from the GAL and from Thunderbird address books.
- Improved: Added support for reading birthdays from Thunderbird 3.
- Improved: HTML messages converted to text now have significantly better formatting.
- Fixed: Crash during IMAP conversion.
- Fixed: App crashes if run initially from read-only directory.
Build 410, Version 9.0. Released 2010-08-25
- Fixed: Fixup.vbs needs to work if you are not an Administrator.
- New: Added support for reading EML and MSG files.
- Fixed: 2-Legged OAuth is broken converting to Google Apps.
- New: Added support for Outlook 2010.
- New: Added support for converting Exchange custom attributes #1 through #4.
- Fixed: Groups created in Outlook are not working properly.
- Fixed: Can't convert Thunderbird messages to Text.
- Fixed: Gmail returns "contains excess whitespace" error when creating a folder.
- Fixed: Crash converting to IMAP if connection closes unexpectedly.
- New: Added support for preserving the the GAL display name in Outlook
- New: (Beta) Added support for the Exchange MAPI client.
- Fixed: History does not update automatically under Windows XP.
- Fixed: Crash importing Gmail contacts.
- Improved: Added duplicate detection when converting messages to text and html (requires NTFS file system.)
- Improved: Added duplicate detection when converting messages to eml and msg (requires NTFS file system.)
- Removed support for Windows 2000.
- For Windows XP, Service Pack 3 is now required
- Fixed: Can't import messages from Thunderbird if the default directory has been changed.
- Improved: Performance reading contacts from Outlook is significantly improved.
Build 408, Version 9.0. Released 2010-03-31
- Fixed: Business telephone #2 and home telephone #2 are not copied from the GAL.
- Fixed: Converting messages from Gmail causes them to be marked as read.
- Fixed: Some Outlook CSV property names are not recognized.
- Fixed: Need Gmail field names for CSV files.
- Fixed: Extended MAPI DLL loader does not understand Vista UAC.
- Fixed: LogRep never shows conversion type as "Messages".
- Fixed: Error 417 uploading contacts to Gmail or Google Apps.
- New: Added support for IgnoreFolder for contacts.
- New: Added support for converting the trash. Use the parameter -i IncludeTrash=1.
- Fixed: iCal file with ATTENDEE with no ROLE crashes.
- New: Added support for moving all messages to a specific folder. Use -o Folder=xxx.
- Fixed: Certain errors can cause the app to disappear with no error message.
- New: Added support for Google Contacts v3.
- Fixed: Email addresses aren't updated in Gmail with Replace Duplicates.
- Fixed: Thunderbird messages may not convert with mboxes moved from Linux to Windows.
- New: Added support for Thunderbird 3.
- Fixed: Crash converting flagged messages to Outlook.
- Fixed: Address Magic is showing/converting hidden system folders in Outlook.
- New: Added support for Outlook 2010 Beta
Build 406, Version 9.0. Released 2009-11-17
- Fixed: Long folder names in Asian character sets are truncated in Gmail.
- Fixed: (Regression in 404) Long comments are truncated converting from Outlook.
- New: Significantly improved performance of repeated conversion to Gmail by implementing duplicate detection.
- Fixed: (Regression in 404) Converting messages to Thunderbird crashes.
Build 404, Version 9.0. Released 2009-10-16
- New: Added support for selecting folders with a regular expression.
- Fixed: Oversized messages were not processed as such.
Build 400, Version 9.0. Released 2009-06-16
- New: Added support for reading UTF-16 LDIF files
- Fixed: LogRep is not showing the Destination properly
- Fixed: Crash if Eudora mailbox being converted has been truncated.
- Fixed: Some Eudora messages fail to convert to Google Apps with error 400
- Fixed: Can't convert Palm Desktop 3.0.3 address book
- Fixed: Size and date filters are not applied when converting messages to Google Apps.
- Fixed: Empty folders are not converted from IMAP
- New: Need a way to convert IMAP folders that are unsubscribed.
- Fixed: 503 error converting large folders to Google Apps
- New: Added support for Google Apps 2-legged OAuth (requires Google Apps Premium or Education)
- Fixed: All products now run with DEP (Data Execution Protection) enabled on Windows Vista.
- Fixed: vCard file with blank continuation lines cannot be imported on some platforms.
- Fixed: vCard dates are emitted in the wrong format.
- Fixed: Categories are not converted to groups when converting to Gmail.
- Fixed: When converting from an IMAP server, the mailbox date is ignored.
- New: Added support for duplicate contacts in Gmail.
- Fixed: If you try to convert a calendar to Google apps using -d100, it goes very slow and nothing is converted.
Build 398, Version 9.0. Released 2008-11-26
- Fixed: (PLUS) Some Lotus Notes message dates are not converted properly.
- Fixed: (PLUS) Dates are not converted properly for messages converted from the Lotus Notes ($Sent) folder.
- Fixed: Receive error at Location 27 when using -o User= to convert directly to a specific Exchange User.
- Fixed: Confusing behavior if the license manager cannot be contacted.
- Fixed: (PLUS) Mbox-style messages with attachments with embedded mbox messages could be discarded.
- Fixed: Folder names with non-US characters would be converted correctly, but status messages would be garbled.
- Fixed: (PLUS) Crash in RTF conversion module while converting messages from Lotus Notes.
- Improved: Progress messages are now more informative.
- Fixed: Converting messages to Gmail crashes on Windows 2000.
- Fixed: Crash if dependent DLL is not found.
- New: (PLUS) Added support for converting a single folder using the "Folder=" syntax.
- Improved: (PLUS) Inline images are now converted for Lotus Notes messages converted to formats other than Outlook.
- New: Added support for reading Evolution LDIF files.
- New: Added support for reading LDIF files from AOL Communicator.
- Improved: Added fix for Error at Location 27 when using -o User= with Outlook.
- New: (PLUS) Added support for reading and writing Google Apps calendars.
- Fixed: Error "The database of duplicate messages could not be opened."
- Fixed: (PLUS) Using the NS4 format to convert messages will still look in Netscape 7 subdirectories, preventing the NS4 messages from converting.
- Fixed: Converting contacts to Gmail may lose contacts. Caused by a bug in Gmail.
- Fixed: (PLUS) Added a test solution for the error "Unable to write data to the transport connection"
- Fixed: There is no way to choose the root of the Public Folders store
Build 394, Version 9.0. Released 2008-09-10
- Fixed: The display name is now preserved for email addresses converted from Thunderbird that include the name as part of the email address.
- Fixed: Email messages converted to Gmail weren't being placed into the default Sent Items folder.
- New: (PLUS) The Google Apps bulk email import API is now supported.
- New: Address books are now converted directly to Gmail. Distribution lists and postal addresses are now converted correctly.
- Fixed: (PLUS) Messages converted from Eudora are always marked unread if they've been Replied to.
- Fixed: Converting Palm Desktop address books sometimes hangs.
- Fixed: Application can exit with no error message under certain unusual error conditions.
- Fixed: (PLUS) If you convert a message folder from Eudora, and the name of the message folder ends in a period, then a parent folder will be created named with the first letter of the folder name.
- Fixed: the -a command line option is not working.
Build 392, Version 9.0. Released 2008-06-19
- Improved: You can now convert multiple source address books to a single destination folder with the -C option (capital C.)
- Fixed: (PLUS) A folder named @SOURCEFOLDER is created if you use duplicate handling mode -d0.
- Fixed: (PLUS) Address Magic crashes when converting to mbox/Thunderbird/Netscape if the destination directory can't be created.
- Fixed: (PLUS) Flagged messages were not marked as such when converted to Outlook.
- Fixed: (PLUS) When converting Windows Mail to anything else, the Trash would be converted to the destination Drafts folder.
- Improved: (PLUS) Attachments in messages converted from Lotus Notes Rich Text format should not use the "binary" MIME type.
- New: (PLUS) New message folders in Outlook are now created with Unicode names, so (for example) Japanese folder names can be created on English systems. Outlook 2003 and later only.
- Fixed: The first field in the first line of a CSV file can lose the first three characters when converted.
- Fixed: (PLUS) Some message bodies are empty when Lotus Notes messages are converted to mbox or mac.
- Fixed: (PLUS) The Low Importance flag does not convert from Lotus Notes rich text messages.
Build 390, Version 9.0. Released 2008-04-19
- Improved: (PLUS) Increased performance of Lotus Notes message conversion by caching results of SMTP lookups.
- Fixed: Enabled encryption on IMAP connections under Windows Vista.
- Fixed: (PLUS) Specifying a directory on the command line for AOL Communicator (ACM) does not work.
- Fixed: (PLUS) Rare crash converting Lotus Notes messages that are stored in MIME format.
- Fixed: (PLUS) Crash converting Eudora messages if the .toc index is corrupt.
- Fixed: (PLUS) Converting Lotus Notes to anything except Outlook can crash if there are inline images.
- New: (PLUS) IMAP to IMAP conversions are now supported.
- Improved: (PLUS) Increased performance of Lotus Notes message conversions by speeding up "Analyzing folder structure" by 10x.
- Improved: (PLUS) Added support for the data type "HTML" when converting Lotus Notes messages. (HTML data is usually stored as type "MIME", not as type "HTML", so this fix is for one customer.)
- Fixed: (PLUS) Duplicate detection of messages is not working properly when converting to Outlook.
- Fixed: (PLUS) Converting messages from mbox format does not properly separate messages if the file contains both mbox-style and Netscape/Eudora-style message headers.
- Fixed: Converting from MAB files (Thunderbird/Netscape 7/Mozilla) loses distribution lists.
- Fixed: (PLUS) Many messages bodies are blank when converting Lotus Notes messages to EML.
- Fixed: (PLUS) Converting folder names with trailing spaces to EML or MSG fails.
- New: (PLUS) Added support for using wildcards to read mbox files with non-standard file extensions.
- Fixed: Can't convert address books to AMI files if their folder names contain characters that are illegal filenames.
- Fixed: (PLUS) Can't create sub-folders with mbox format.
- New: (PLUS) Added support for converting calendars from Lotus Notes to Microsoft Outlook. Also added partial support for iCal.
- Fixed: (PLUS) The "IgnoreFolder" parameter does not work with IMAP.
- Fixed: (PLUS) Messages that should be converted to the IMAP Inbox end up under another folder name.
- Improved: Reorganized the manual and added a tutorial on specifying the parameters to AddrLoad.
- Fixed: (PLUS) Many messages bodies are blank when converting Lotus Notes messages to Gmail.
- New: (PLUS) Added support for converting messages to HTML or text format.
Build 388, Version 8.0. Released 2008-02-04
- Fixed: Exchange safety lock improperly triggered if the Exchange Management console was installed.
- Fixed: Problems caused by a missing definition of the default address book in Thunderbird.
- Fixed: DetachPst=1 only works intermittently.
- Fixed: Opening a specific PST file fails under Win2k for non-Admin accounts.
- Fixed: (PLUS) Converting Lotus Notes messages to Outlook is working slower than expected.
- Fixed: (PLUS) Messages converted from Notes to Outlook are missing inline images.
- Improved: (PLUS) Messages with inline images converted from Notes to Outlook now appear in color instead of black and white. Requires Notes 7.
- New: Added support for Thunderbird 2.0. Address Magic could not find the default address book.
- Fixed: (PLUS) Message converted to Outlook had the wrong "Replied to" date and time. The "Replied to" date and time have been removed.
- Fixed: (PLUS) Some attachments converted from Notes to Outlook were corrupted.
- Fixed: (PLUS) Notes message with attachments with non-US characters in the filename did not always convert.
- Fixed: (PLUS) The syntax for using the default Notes mail file (instead of the archive file) does not work.
- Fixed: DetachPst=1 does not work if full path to PST is not specified.
- New: Added support for reading Mac Eudora data directories, both address books and messages.
- Fixed: (PLUS) Converting Notes messages yields some Sent dates in 1980.
- Fixed: (PLUS) Some message timestamps are not corrected for the timezone when converting messages from Lotus Notes.
- New: (PLUS) Added support for a faster method of message conversion in Lotus Notes. Notes 7.0.2 or later is required. You can enable it with this parameter: -i FastConvert=1
Build 386, Version 8.0. Released 2008-01-02
- Fixed: (PLUS) Demo crashes converting Outlook messages.
- Fixed: (PLUS) Rare crash converting Eudora messages.
- Fixed: Crash if you attempt to convert the Exchange GAL to anything else.
- Fixed: (PLUS) Crash when converting an invalid message to Outlook Express.
- Fixed: MAPI_E_CORRUPT_DATA error when reading the GAL under Outlook 2007.
Build 384, Version 8.0. Released 2007-12-13
- Fixed: (PLUS) Converting messages from Netscape, Thunderbird and Eudora doesn't work on Win9x.
- Fixed: (PLUS) When converting IMAP to anything else, the folders become mixed up.
- Fixed: (PLUS) Converting from IMAP crashes on the last folder in Build 382.
- New: (PLUS) Added support for French Eudora.
- Fixed: (PLUS) Can't create folders in Gmail with names over 40 characters.
Build 382, Version 8.0. Released 2007-11-29
- Fixed: (PLUS) Message conversion crashes on certain ill-formed messages.
- Fixed: The Eudora default address book can't be converted with Build 380.
- Fixed: Parameters for -i and -o are ignored converting address books with -a with Build 380.
- Fixed: (PLUS) Mailbox files for Netscape and Thunderbird are written with incorrectly formatted dates in the From_ line.
- Improved: (PLUS) Large messages and/or attachments converted from Netscape and Thunderbird are processed about 35% faster.
- New: (PLUS) Added support for writing mbox files and directory structures that are compatible with Mac Mail in OS X.
- Fixed: (PLUS) When converting Lotus Notes messages, attachments are not always deleted from the Temp directory.
- Fixed: Converting contacts can crash if duplicate handling is enabled.
- New: (PLUS) Added supporting for converting messages from AOL Communicator. Address book conversion is not supported.
- Fixed: (PLUS) Delivery timestamps are not consistent across conversions.
- New: (PLUS) Added support for filtering messages by date.
- New: (PLUS) Added support for exporting messages to the Mac.
- Fixed: (PLUS) Thunderbird isn't able to recognize some folders created by Address Magic.
- Fixed: (PLUS) Messages converted to Thunderbird end up in the wrong directory.
Build 380, Version 8.0. Released 2007-11-08
- Fixed: Should not be allowed to run on Exchange Server because of reliance on Outlook.
- Fixed: (PLUS) Using IMAP as the destination always gives error about "dupe mode not supported."
- Fixed: (PLUS) Address Magic sometimes intermixes From and To recipients when converting messages.
- Fixed: (PLUS) From and To recipients converted from Notes messages are sometimes blank.
- Fixed: (PLUS) Recipients converted from Notes msgs could be converted with Notes addresses, not SMTP addresses, even when the SMTP address was available.
- Fixed: User and Password params don't work when converting Notes address books.
- Fixed: (PLUS) Email messages converted to IMAP have today's date.
- Fixed: (PLUS) Folders converted to IMAP may not be visible if parent folders were empty.
- Fixed: (PLUS) Eudora messages with no body aren't converted.
- Improved: Detection of duplicate contacts.
- New: Added support for Palm Desktop 4.1.2 and 4.1.4.
- Fixed: Crash if different lines in a CSV file contain a different number of fields.
- New: (PLUS) Added support for converting messages to Gmail.
- Improved: (PLUS) Added support for Eudora message archives that are moved to a new drive letter, such as drives that are shared on the network.
- Fixed: Application can crash when exiting if the conversion fails.
- Fixed: "iProfiles.CreateInstance failed" error if EXE directory is read-only.
- New: (PLUS) When converting Notes messages, the default server-side mailbox will be found automatically if you specify just the server name.
- Fixed: If the application crashes, it puts up an error message that requires user input and stops all batch operations. (To control crash logging, use -i CrashLog=n, where n is 0=no, 1=upload, 2=local
Build 378, Version 8.0. Released 2007-06-21
- Fixed: LogRep.exe is missing from the distribution.
- Fixed: (PLUS) When converting messages to IMAP, folders with an ampersand aren't converted.
- Fixed: (PLUS) When converting messages to IMAP, folder names with non-ASCII characters don't convert properly.
- Fixed: (PLUS) Folders created in IMAP don't show up in Outlook Express.
- Fixed: The history generated by -g for the Log Reporter is corrupt.
- Fixed: (PLUS) Address Magic crashes converting Lotus Notes messages with certain malformed headers.
- Fixed: Contacts written to Windows Contacts have duplicate email addresses.
- New: Added support for Thunderbird 2.0.
- Fixed: Can't convert to Outlook if not Administrator.
- Fixed: Distribution lists from Pine are imported without members.
- Fixed: (PLUS) Crash while converting Eudora messages.
- Fixed: (PLUS) Converting message from Eudora, AOL or Thunderbird can fail with the error "MapiViewOfFile Failed."
- Improved: The French translation has been brought up to date. This will appear automatically on systems where the default language is French.
Build 376, Version 8.0. Released 2007-04-26
- Fixed: Distribution lists converted from Notes cause crash if no server is present.
- Fixed: (PLUS) Folders converted to Outlook with more than 15,000 messages convert very slowly.
- Fixed: Notes conversion from a non-Administrator account fails with: Unable to initialize Lotus Notes.
- Fixed: Email addresses in messages and distribution lists converted from Lotus Notes may be empty or missing.
- Fixed: (PLUS) When converting to IMAP, folder names are truncated to the first letter.
- Fixed: (PLUS) Forwarded and Replied message flags aren't migrated to Outlook.
- Fixed: (PLUS) Mozilla and Thunderbird message folders whose names contain non-ASCII characters are not converted.
- New: (PLUS) Added support for Replace Duplicates when converting messages to Outlook or Outlook Express.
- Fixed: (PLUS) Thunderbird email won't transfer if it's moved from its original location.
Build 374, Version 8.0. Released 2007-03-01
- New: Added support for Windows Contacts in Windows Vista.
- Fixed: Address Magic can crash converting AMI to LDIF.
- Fixed: The syntax described in the manual for specifying a local nsf file using !! doesn't work.
- New: Added support for Windows Vista.
- Fixed: Address Magic sometimes crashes converting to or from Notes when trying to load NNOTES.DLL.
- Fixed: Converting address books from Notes to Outlook crashes if the user's ID is no longer valid for logging onto Notes.
- Fixed: Email addresses converted into Outlook don't show up in the Phone List view.
- Fixed: Duplicate detection crashes intermittently.
- Fixed: Error 151 converting Lotus Notes message folders whose names contain non-ASCII characters.
- Fixed: (PLUS) When converting messages, the Netscape 4 profile directory will not be found if the email address contains any punctuation.
Build 372, Version 7.0. Released 2006-11-19
- Fixed: Birthdays migrated from Outlook to Notes are off by one day for time zones east of UTC.
- Fixed: AddrLoad.ini isn't automatically created as described in the manual.
- Fixed: Can't convert messages from TB or NS7 msg if the pathname include "\t".
- Fixed: When migrating Mozilla email, only the first account migrates successfully.
- Fixed: Notes message converter won't download lcppn30.dll through a proxy.
- Fixed: Crash when converting Lotus Notes email.
- Fixed: The "IniFile" parameter doesn't work when migrating Notes email.
- New: Email messages can now be converted to individual EML (RFC822) files.
Build 370, Version 7.0. Released 2006-10-23
- Fixed: Address books sometimes converted to a folder named "xxx's address book" instead of to the default contacts folder.
Build 368, Version 7.0. Released 2006-10-11
- Fixed: Address Magic failed at Location 52 with GroupWise 5.5.
- Fixed: The default address book for GroupWise was not selected correctly.
- Improved: GroupWise conversions are now easier to configure.
- New: a specific PST file can now be specified as a source when converting messages.
- Fixed: Converting to LDIFDE crashes.
- Fixed crash converting Lotus Notes address books.
- Fixed: Error at Point 109 error code: 12057 http status 200.
Build 366, Version 7.0. Released 2006-09-14
- Improved: Detection of duplicate messages when converting from Notes.
- New: You can specify the path to the Notes INI file using the command line parameter -i IniFile=.
- Fixed: Multiline comments in contacts were truncated after the first line when converting to Notes.
- Improved: Netscape folders larger than 1GB are now supported.
- Fixed: Contacts converted to Notes were categorized under "Uncategorized".
- Improved: Significantly improved support for resolving Notes distribution list members.
- Fixed: Some messages converted from Notes transfer with empty From and To fields.
- Fixed: Conversion to IMAP broke in Build 360.
- Fixed: Some messages converted from Notes are blank.
- Fixed: ERR_NAMELOOKUP_TOO_BIG message when converting Lotus Notes address books.
- Fixed: Messages converted from Notes to Outlook could have the priority inverted.
- Fixed: When migrating messages from Lotus Notes, Address Magic could terminate part way through with no error.
- New: Support for converting iNotes address books (requires the Notes client to be installed.)
- Fixed: Notes address books couldn't be converted if the Groups view was not present.
- Fixed: Message conversion from Outlook broke in a recent build.
- Fixed: The "unread" and "replied to" flags were being lost when converting from IMAP.
- New: The evaluation version and the commercial version have been merged into a single distribution package that requires a registration code to activate full functionality.
- New: Support for importing vCard (.vcf) files.
- New: Address Magic Enterprise Edition now performs usage-based metering. Both the Manual and the License Agreement have been updated to reflect this change.
- Fixed: Multibyte characters are not converted to the Notes address book correctly.
Build 362, Version 6.0.0. Released 2006-03-23
- New: Support for IMAP proxy authentication using TLS with the parameter AuthUser=.
- Fixed: Regression that prevented the creation of new address books in Eudora.
- New: Support for using wildcards to choose CSV and LDIF source files. Requires usage of -a on the command line.
- Fixed: Hybrid rich text/RFC822 messages in Lotus Notes would be converted with blank from/to/subject headers.
- New: Support for showing the display name as well as the email address when converting the from/to/cc headers in Notes messages.
- New: Support for converting Lotus Notes messages with encrypted fields.
- New: Support for converting messages from the Lotus Notes Drafts folder.
- Fixed: Regression that broke the -a flag when Eudora address books were used as the source.
Build 360, Version 6.0.0. Released 2006-02-28
- Improved: Significantly improved the performance converting messages with very large attachments from Eudora to Outlook.
- New: Support for reading messages from Outlook.
- Fixed: Display names for contacts wouldn't transfer when converting Pine to Eudora.
- Fixed: "AllocHandle: OUT OF PRIVATE HANDLES!" error when converting large mailboxes from Lotus Notes.
- New: Support for migrating message folders other than Local Folders for Netscape 7, Mozilla and Thunderbird.
- Fixed: Creating and detaching PST files wasn't working.
- Fixed: The unread flag wasn't being migrated for messages in the Mozilla Inbox.
- New: The Forwarded and Replied flags from Mozilla are now migrated.
- Fixed: Mozilla address books would not be converted or they would be converted with only a couple of contacts.
- Fixed: You couldn't specify the name of a specific Netscape 7 address book on the command line if Mozilla wasn't installed.
- Fixed: Address Magic would hang when converting Lotus Notes distribution lists if the Domino server was not available.
- Fixed: Regression that prevented Lotus Notes 4 address books from being converted.
- Fixed: Regression that caused multiline street addresses to be truncated after the first line when converting from Lotus Notes.
Build 358, Version 6.0.0. Released 2006-01-12
- New: Support for centralized creation of Outlook archive PST files.
- Fixed: Regression in Build 357 where the To field wasn't converted from Eudora messages that had been sent.
- Fixed: Regression in Build 358 prevents -i options on the command line from being recognized.
- Fixed:The Subject of Eudora messages in Asian languages such as Korean don't convert properly.
- Fixed: The Log File Reporter won't display certain fatal errors.
- Fixed: Regression in Build 357 where Eudora messages could have a trailing </x-htm after conversion.
- Improved: Detection of duplicate messages has been completely rewritten to scan the destination folder instead of keeping an independent database. Supported by all destination formats except IMAP.
- Fixed: Regression in Build 357 prevents comments in Lotus Notes contacts from being converted.
Build 357, Version 6.0.0. Released 2005-12-13
- New: Added support for converting Lotus Notes email archives.
- New: Support for writing messages to Netscape 4 and Netscape 7. These can also be used as a backup file format for messages, similar to using AMI files for address books.
- New: Support for reading Outlook Express messages.
- New: Support for Thunderbird 1.5, including new LDIF fields.
- Fixed: Mozilla/Netscape 7 MAB file can be converted with either extra or missing contacts.
- New: Support for logging the conversion history and created Log File Reporter to display the history.
Build 355, Version 5.0.0. Released 2005-11-01
- Fixed recent bug that prevented reading or writing the Personal Address Book (PAB) in Outlook.
- Fixed rare problem where Eudora email attachments were not being converted.
- Fixed problem when reading GroupWise distribution lists where some or all entries in a distribution list could be missing.
- Worked around bug in Outlook when erasing contacts when the -d100 command line option is used. The symptom was that the contacts wouldn't be erased.
- Fixed bug where phone numbers would not be reformatted to Outlook's standard format. This broke some third party fax programs.
- Fixed recent bug that prevented Exchange Public Folders from being used as a source or destination.
Build 353, Version 5.0.0. Released 2005-08-15
- Fixed bug where Outlook contacts and distribution lists that point to an entry in the GAL would convert with an Exchange-style email address instead of an SMTP address.
- Added support for running Address Magic Enterprise Edition under Windows Task Scheduler when converting to or from Outlook and/or Exchange. This feature allows the software to be executed on an arbit
- The default Domain distribution lists in Lotus Notes are now automatically ignored.
- Added support for incrementally updating a destination based on a source. This feature was added to support cleanly updating a Public Contacts Folder in Outlook based on the Global Address List.
- Fixed bug where a contact's prefix and suffix would be copied as zero when the source address book was from Notes 6.5.
Build 351, Version 5.0.0. Released 2005-07-07
- Fixed bug that prevented the Thunderbird data directory from being automatically located with some versions of Thunderbird.
- Fixed bug converting Notes to Outlook that would cause random data type errors.
Build 349, Version 5.0.0. Released 2005-03-01
- Added support for Eudora NNT address book files.
- Fixed problem where messages converted from Eudora that the user had sent showed the wrong date in Outlook.
- Added support for specifying an Outlook PAB file on the command line as a source (not as a destination.)
- Simplified the syntax of -a (all folders) when converting address books. Folders are now created as needed if the -c option is specified, otherwise everything is put in the default contacts folder.
- Fixed regression in Build 347 where all messages converted to Outlook showed with an "unsent message" icon.
- Fixed Thunderbird support for address books and added Thunderbird support for message conversion.
Build 347, Version 5.0.0. Released 2005-02-09
- Added support for migrating attachments in the Eudora Out folder.
- Fixed bug where Korean messages weren't converted properly.
- Fixed rare crash when reading Eudora messages.
- Improved speed and performance of message conversion.
Build 341, Version 5.0.0. Released 2004-11-10
- Fixed crash in Build 339 with Outlook 97.
- Added support for creating folders in WAB with WinXP SP2.
- Fixed bug reading Eudora messages where the first character of the message could be discarded.
Build 339, Version 5.0.0. Released 2004-10-20
- Fixed error accessing Microsoft Outlook that showed up as, "Your Outlook message store could not be opened."
Build 337, Version 5.0.0. Released 2004-08-30
- Fixed cases when converting Eudora messages where attachments would not be reattached and Eudora's "Attachment Converted" message would be left in the email message after conversion.
- Fixed "MAB parse error" that happened reading certain Mozilla and Netscape 6/7 address books.
Build 336, Version 5.0.0. Released 2004-08-17
- Added support for remembering which messages were already imported to prevent duplicates if something goes wrong. (Controlled with -d parameter.)
- Fixed handling of leading "@" in the default domain with Eudora.
- Added support for writing messages to Outlook Express.
Build 334, Version 5.0.0. Released 2004-08-02
- Fixed problem locating Mozilla/NS6/NS7 data directory.
- Eudora Messages: Fixed crash parsing RFC822 headers that included continuation lines.
Build 330, Version 5.0.0. Released 2004-07-02
- Added support for reading Pegasus address books.
- Rewrote support for Mozilla (and Netscape 6/7) so it isn't dependent on the version of Mozilla.
- Mozilla address books can now be read even if Mozilla is not installed or Mozilla is running.
- Added support for Thunderbird (the standalone email client of the Mozilla project.)
- Added support for Opera 7.
Build 329, Version 5.0.0. Released 2004-06-22
- Fixed bug writing to Outlook where contacts could be written into a message folder and vice versa.
- Fixed hang with Outlook 2000 when a PST file is created with the Enterprise Edition.
- Unicode (new style) PST files are now created by default in Outlook 2003. This can be disabled in the Enterprise Edition by using: -o PstFormat=ANSI.
- Fixed several bugs when importing Eudora with respect to default domain names and the default data directory.
Build 327, Version 5.0.0. Released 2004-05-27
- Improved display of IMAP errors.
- Fixed folder mapping in Eudora that prevented, for example, In from being put in the Inbox. This broke in Build 326.
- Restored previous technique for determining Eudora folder.
- Fixed crash with bad time zone when reading Eudora messages.
- Fixed hang migrating messaging with Outlook 2000 in Internet Mail Only mode.
Build 326, Version 5.0.0. Released 2004-05-19
- Added IMAP support for reading and writing email with IMAP mail servers. (Messaging version only.)
- Added support for reading UNIX MailDir folders. Only tested with directories from the Netscape mail server. (Messaging version only.)
- Added support for reading AOL .abx and .aby address book files.
- Added support for reading messages from the AOL client and from PFC files. (Messaging version only.)
- Added check to make sure files really are mbox files before trying to convert them.
- Added support for specifying a root folder when converting messages to Outlook.
- Fixed support for reading the offline address book from Outlook when details are enabled in Outlook.
- Fixed bug where the last message in a Netscape or Eudora folder would be ignored.
Build 324, Version 5.0.0. Released 2004-04-15
- Eudora messages: Embedded images are now fully supported.
- Eudora messages: Nested folders are copied properly.
- Eudora messages: Deleted messages are ignored.
- Eudora messages: the x-html markers are deleted and html email transfers more reliably.
- Added support for directly specifying an Exchange mailbox with -o User= when migrating messages.
- Added support for selecting (and creating, if necessary) a particular Outlook PST file. This allows creating local archives when the default Outlook mailbox is on a server.
- Eudora messages: The read/unread flag is now set properly.
- When importing messages to Outlook, added support for splitting large folders across multiple Outlook folders to work around the 16,000 item limit in Outlook.
- Fixed crash reading Netscape 7/Mozilla.
- Fixed obscure bug in duplicate detection logic for contacts.
Build 323, Version 5.0.0. Released 2004-03-08
- Fixed bug where new contacts could be blank in Outlook and WAB if the source was the Exchange GAL and users had more than three SMTP email addresses.
- Added support for reading/writing the Private flag in Outlook.
- Added Palm Desktop support.
- Removed requirement that Netscape email addresses had to be fully qualified so that server-expanded nicknames could be converted.
- Fixed bug in Palm Desktop conversion that prevented long category names from being created properly.
- Added support in message conversion for nested folders.
- Increased likelihood that Outlook 2002/XP would shut down properly after conversion completes. Otherwise the CsiMigration account doesn't disappear until restart.
- Fixed ADSI location parsing from the command line.
- Added support in ADSI for the manager's name.
- Added support for -o flags when moving messages.
- Modified the LDIF conversion so that even contacts without email addresses will be written to the LDIF file.
- Modified GroupWise handling so that the "Novell Default Settings" profile will be selected if no profile is given on the command line.
- Added support for writing VCard files.
- Fixed bug migrating messages where folder names that contained a period would be truncated.
Build 321, Version 4.8.2. Released 2003-11-11
- Fixed crash running under Windows 95 when reading AMI or LDIF files.
- Added workaround for Outlook Express bug that always causes the Plain Text only flag to be set when reading contacts from WAB in IE6+service pack.
- Fixed bug reading AMI files under Windows 95.
Build 320, Version 4.8.1. Released 2003-10-28
- Added support for Mozilla 1.5.
- Fixed a problem introduced in Build 318 with business addresses in AOL 8 and 9.
- Fixed Notes 5.02 and earlier so it starts up if it isn't running.
- Fixed problem where the Public Folders on an Exchange Server couldn't be opened until Outlook had been run.
- Added support for importing multiple AMI files with the -a option.
- Fixed GroupWise when run with the -a option so that it only reads personal address books.
- Added support for message migration with Outlook 2003.
- Added support for -a in combination with -o User= with Exchange Server.
Build 318, Version 4.8.0. Released 2003-09-28
- Added support for Mozilla 1.4, Outlook 2003, Netscape 7.1, AOL 9, Eudora 6, Notes 6.5, and Groupwise NAB files.
- Fixed error 48 writing distribution lists to Outlook 97.
- Added support for French versions of AOL.
- Added support for embedded newlines in fields in CSV files.
Build 316, Version 4.2.1. Released 2003-05-29
- Fixed error 11 reading distribution lists from Exchange Server.
- Fixed problem of creating empty distribution lists in Outlook.
Build 314, Version 4.2.0. Released 2003-04-18
- Added support for reading and writing CSV files.
- Added support for Mozilla 1.3.
- Fixed crash bug converting between Extended MAPI formats.
- Worked around GroupWise bug that could cause a crash when reading nested distribution lists.
Build 312, Version 4.1.5. Released 2003-03-19
- Added support for specifying an absolute path to an Exchange address book container.
- Fixed bug with non-default addresses when reading Outlook Express.
- Added support for reading the LDIF tags written by Netscape 6/Netscape 7/Mozilla.
- Added support for reading the individual members of Exchange distribution lists with the command line parameter -i "ExpandDistLists=1".
- Fixed bug creating large distribution lists in Lotus Notes.
- Fixed crash converting from GAL to Outlook.
Build 310, Version 4.1.4. Released 2003-02-10
- Added support for reading AOL 7 and 8 in the United Kingdom.
- Added support for reading contacts from non-default folders in Exchange Server.
- Fixed bug writing distribution lists to non-default folders in Exchange Server.
- Fixed reading very early versions of Netscape 4.
Build 309, Version 4.1.3. Released 2003-01-20
- Fixed bug where Outlook hangs if the system default language is Chinese PRC.
- Fixed Netscape 6/7 so it works properly if Netscape is being run by a user other than the one who installed Netscape.
- Fixed bug in AOL 7 support where the Details pane needs to be showing under certain conditions.
- Fixed crash reading an empty distribution list from an AMI file.
- Fixed bugs in GroupWise profile handling that caused conversions to fail.
Build 305, Version 4.1.1. Released 2002-11-19
- Added support for setting the profile, username, and password for Outlook and GroupWise from a script.
- Switching between multiple Outlook profiles is still not supported, the first one wins.
Build 304, Version 4.1.0. Released 2002-11-11
- Added support for Notes 6, AOL 8, Netscape 7, and Mozilla 1.0/1.1/1.2.
- Fixed bug recognizing that Palm Desktop 4 is installed.
- Greatly reduced memory usage for very large address books (10,000+ contacts.)
Build 302, Version 4.0.2. Released 2002-09-19
- Removed support for Netscape 3.
- Fixed bug in SaveChanges() in the scripting support.
- Fixed bug in Eudora that prevented the location of the address book from being found in certain cases.
Build 301, Version 4.0.1. Released 2002-08-26
- Fixed bug with extra “@aol” when reading AOL 7 address books.
- Fixed bug with reading Lotus Notes that sometimes retrieved an old email address.
- Fixed generation of Distinguished Name (dn) for Netscape 4.7.
Build 300, Version 4.0.0. Released 2002-08-18
- Added support for directing the conversion using a script language such as VBScript or JScript, including support for merging, filtering, and database access.
- Fixed crash reading the Exchange Server GAL.
- Fixed Categories field in Outlook, which had stopped working.
- Added support for writing distribution lists in Lotus Notes.
- Fixed bugs in handling of AOL 7 and Eudora distribution lists.
- Fixed shutdown crash with Netscape 6.2.
Build 298, Version 3.0.1. Released 2002-07-11
- Fixed "Member not found" error with Lotus Notes.
- Fixed GroupWise addresses that resolve to the server (Enterprise only).
- Fixed resolution of Exchange addresses that are in an Outlook contacts folder.
- Fixed AOL7 problem with screen names in email2 or email3 fields.
- Fixed handling of non-primary email addresses in Outlook Express.
- Fixed use of RFC822-compliant addresses in Lotus Notes.
Build 296, Version 3.0.0. Released 2002-06-21
- Numerous bugfixes in almost all supported formats.
- Added support for reading Active Directory.
- Added support for creating files that can be read by the Exchange Server utility LDIFDE.
- Added support for converting messages from Netscape and Eudora to Exchange.
- Additional bug fixes for GroupWise with distribution lists and profiles.
- Fixed problem creating distribution lists in Outlook XP.
Build 287, Version 3.0.0 Beta. Released 2002-04-08
- Added support for administrators to convert to arbitrary Exchange mailboxes.
- Added Active Directory read support with ADSI.
- Added LDIFDE output support for Exchange Server 2000.
- Added message conversion from Netscape and Eudora to Outlook.
- Fixed problems with the business fax number in several formats.
- Fixed email encoding flags in Outlook in Internet Mail mode.
- Fixed bugs with AOL7 that prevented distribution lists from being read.
Build 285, Version 2.1.0. Released 2002-03-15
- Added support for GroupWise and Opera 6.
- Improved the detection of duplicates when duplicate handling is enabled.
- Fixed bug where using the Exchange Server GAL as a source would sometimes cause EX addresses to go into the destination.
- Added support for categories in Outlook, Notes, and the Palm Desktop.
- Added support for multiple email addresses in Outlook, Outlook Express, and AOL 7.
- Fixed Eudora, Outlook, PAB, & Outlook Express so that contacts who only appear in distribution lists won't be created as standalone contacts in the destination.
- In Eudora 5, fixed problem losing existing contact fields. Added support for the primary address flag.
Build 278, Version 2.0.1. Released 2001-11-27
- Added support for reading groups from Notes.
- Fixed the Outlook converter so that the File As field will be updated properly.
Build 274, Version 2.0.0. Released 2001-09-26
- Fixed problem where Address Magic would hang under certain errors from Exchange Server.
Build 272, Version Hotfix. Released 2001-09-26
- Fixed problem where Address Magic sometimes creates blank contacts.
- Fixed distribution list handling in Outlook 98 (CW); you need the Personal Address Book installed to get the best result.
- Improved the support or the RTF and plain text flags.
- Fixed errors when when Netscape 4 isn't installed.
- Added support for selecting Eudora folders by name instead of by path.
- Stopped looking in the Deleted Items folder when searching Outlook for a folder name.
- Fixed several problems with Outlook running in Corporate Mode with Exchange Server.
Build 269, Version Hotfix. Released 2001-07-18
- Fixed handling of international characters (Western European) when written to AMI files.
- Added support for Outlook 2002/Office XP.
- Fixed bug that caused comments to disappear when migrated.
- Added support for non-SMTP addresses in WAB.
- Added back support for the HTML encoding flag in WAB/PST.
Build 264, Version Hotfix. Released 2001-06-19
- Fixed missing fax number when converting from Netscape 4.x to Notes.
Build 259, Version Hotfix. Released 2001-05-28
- Improved detection for Pine version 4.
- Fixed long-standing problem where Outlook would break if Outlook Express was the default mail client.
- Added support for IE5.5.
- Added support for one-off email addresses in Outlook and Outlook Express distribution lists.
Build 258, Version Hotfix. Released 2001-05-21
- Numerous bug fixes for Lotus Notes, some fixes in Netscape 4.
- Rewrote the support for Microsoft Outlook to get 100x performance increase when reading from Outlook.
Build 254, Version Hotfix. Released 2001-05-15
- Rewrote support for Outlook. It's faster and more reliable.
- Fixed bugs in almost all formats, including PAB, Lotus Notes, Outlook, Eudora, and Exchange Server.
Build 219, Version 1.5.0. Released 2001-03-11
- Bugfixes for the PAB and Exchange Server.
Build 214, Version 1.x. Released 2001-01-23
- Fixed several bugs that had crept into Eudora over the course of other fixes.
- Modified the UTF-8 conversion to work properly in LDIF when items had been base64 encoded.
Build 213, Version 1.x. Released 2000-12-29
- Fixed distribution list handling when importing or exporting Pine.
- Improved support for writing distribution lists in Outlook 2000 in Corporate Mode.
Build 207, Version 1.x. Released 2000-10-22
- Fixed international support when reading LDIF when UTF-8 multibyte characters were encountered.
Build 203, Version 1.x. Released 2000-08-24
- Fixed field mapping bug importing from Netscape 4. Fixed problem that created invalid contacts in Lotus Notes.
Build 201, Version 1.x. Released 2000-08-01
- Fixed a recurring error when exporting to a PAB.
- Fixed a crash with Outlook 2000 in Corporate mode.
- Fixed initial bugs with Notes R5.
Build 191, Version 1.x. Released 2000-05-12
- Added support for Lotus Notes R5.
Build 184, Version 1.4.1. Released 2000-03-05
- Added support for the case where Outlook Express is the default news reader, which completely bollixes up exporting to Outlook.
- Changed “Personal Address Book” to use the real PAB and not the default address book folder, required for Outlook 2000.
Build 183, Version 1.4.0. Released 1999-12-22
- First public release.