Below is the history of new features and bug fixes in ePreserver Recovery.
Build 434, Version 11.0. Released 2016-11-26
Build 432, Version 11.0. Released 2015-10-31
Build 430, Version 11.0. Released 2015-07-28
- New: Outlook 2016 Preview is supported.
Build 428, Version 11.0. Released 2015-05-03
- Fixed: If there's a failure writing a contact to Outlook, the rest of the contacts should still be written.
Build 426, Version 11.0. Released 2014-03-23
- New: Added support for Outlook 2013 Click-to-Run.
Build 424, Version 11.0. Released 2013-04-14
- Fixed: "Keep Separate" does not work for contacts.
- Improved: Added better error message for "Onload error 3" to tell user what to do.
Build 422, Version 11.0. Released 2013-01-05
- New: Added support for Outlook 2013.
Build 420, Version 11.0. Released 2012-01-24
- Improved: Mixed Japanese/English AOL address books convert properly.
- Fixed: "Auto-Added" contacts imported from AOL show "undefined" for the display name.
- Fixed: Forensic and Recovery do not convert the trash.
- Fixed: The "Spam" folder is not converted.
- Fixed: Crash caused by PFC file corruption.
- Fixed: Rare crash converting to IMAP or Gmail.
- Fixed: ePreserver hangs due to bad data sent from AOL IMAP server.
- Fixed: Dates from messages pre-1997 convert incorrectly in some AOL PFC files.
- Fixed: Crash converting 1990s address books stored in AOL PFC files.
Build 418, Version 11.0. Released 2011-10-03
- Fixed: Conversions from AOL auto-added contacts show "com" as the last name.
- Fixed: "Invalid Parameter" error converting messages to HTML.
- Improved: Accessing Outlook is now more reliable if Outlook is not the default email app.
Build 416, Version 11.0. Released 2011-08-19
- Fixed: ePreserver hangs converting some PFC files.
- Fixed: ePreserver fails with "Out of Memory" error.
- Fixed: Several crash bugs.
- Fixed: Unicoded PST folders should overflow at 60k messages, not 15k.
- Fixed: Message conversion from AOL Desktop is broken.
Build 412, Version 10.0. Released 2010-11-02
- Fixed: Forwarded messages can be truncated prematurely.
- Fixed: Some message dates in filing cabinets convert improperly.
- Improved: HTML messages converted to text now have significantly better formatting.
- Improved: Conversion to text files is substantially improved.
- Fixed: Non-English email messages converted to HTML are corrupted.
- New: A CSV index file is created when converting to html/txt/eml/msg.
Build 410, Version 10.0. Released 2010-08-25
- New: Added support for Outlook 2010.
- Fixed: Groups created in Outlook are not working properly.
- Removed support for Windows 2000.
- For Windows XP, Service Pack 3 is now required
Build 408, Version 10.0. Released 2010-03-31
- Fixed: It's not possible to convert just Favorite Places.
- Fixed: IN_PAGE_ERROR while reading a PFC file crashes the application.
- Fixed: The "Keep Separate" checkbox in Settings does not work reliably.
- Fixed: Certain errors can cause the app to disappear with no error message.
- Fixed: Crash converting flagged messages to Outlook.
- New: Added support for Outlook 2010 Beta
Build 406, Version 9.0. Released 2009-11-17
- Fixed: ePreserver crashes during the initial wizard.
- New: The columns in the Viewer are now sortable.
- Improved: The Viewer is now dramatically faster handling large numbers of messages.
Build 400, Version 9.0. Released 2009-06-16
- Fixed: Some AOL message headers are not converted
- Fixed: All products now run with DEP (Data Execution Protection) enabled on Windows Vista.
Build 398, Version 9.0. Released 2008-11-26
- Fixed: The AOL "Primary E-mail" setting in AOL 9 is ignored.
- Fixed: When converting AOL messages, bcc recipients enclosed in parentheses are ignored.
- Fixed: When converting AOL distribution lists, some screen names with spaces are ignored.
- Fixed: Crash if dependent DLL is not found.
- Fixed: App crashes if AOL PFC/ABY file has zero length.
- Fixed: Some forwarded AOL messages are missing the body.
Build 394, Version 9.0. Released 2008-09-10
- Fixed: When converting the AOL address book, sometimes the first name disappears.
Build 390, Version 9.0. Released 2008-04-19
- Fixed: Some messages headers were not converted in one customer's PFC file.
- Fixed: Message dates in older PFC files are now converted more reliably.
- Fixed: PFC files with a zero count for the offset table aren't processed.
- Fixed: (PLUS) Duplicate detection of messages is not working properly when converting to Outlook.
Build 388, Version 8.0. Released 2008-02-04
- Fixed: Hang converting certain damaged PFC files.
- Fixed: Conversion terminates prematurely if there are any messages in the Favorite Places folder.
- Fixed: Screen name selection is does not work.
Build 386, Version 8.0. Released 2008-01-02
- Fixed: Crash under Vista if you try to convert just favorites.
- Fixed: (PLUS) Crash when converting an invalid message to Outlook Express.
- Fixed: Cannot convert Messages Saved on AOL if there's no PFC file.
- Fixed: When converting Messages Saved on AOL, messages in folders that appear alphabetically after "Spam" can go into the wrong folder.
Build 384, Version 8.0. Released 2007-12-13
- Fixed: Application hangs on registration page on some systems.
- Fixed: Rare crash converting messages from AOL.
- Fixed: ePreserver crashes after "Application requires Administrator access" under Vista.
Build 382, Version 8.0. Released 2007-11-29
- Fixed: Converting to Outlook 2000 IMO crashes.
- Fixed: Trying to convert only favorites crashes in Build 380.
- Fixed: Receive "Not a valid PFC file" when opening small ABY files
Build 380, Version 5.0. Released 2007-11-08
- Fixed: File named ____++++.+++ causes ePreserver to crash.
- Fixed: Attachments are not reattached if the user renamed them when downloaded.
- Fixed: Attachments are not reattached if the source drive is mounted under a different letter.
Build 378, Version 8.0. Released 2007-06-21
- Fixed: Favorites are sometimes converted into the root Favorites directory.
- Fixed: Contacts written to Windows Contacts have duplicate email addresses.
- Fixed: ePreserver hangs converting some PFC files with minor corruption.
- Fixed: Rare crash reading certain PFC files larger than 256MB
- Fixed: Converting message can fail with the error "MapiViewOfFile Failed."
Build 376, Version 8.0. Released 2007-04-26
- Fixed: Under Vista, the DELETED folder contains messages that were successfully converted into normal folders.
- Fixed: Conversion fails with "MapViewOfFile() failed" with severely corrupted PFC files.
- Fixed: Viewer shows dates in GMT instead of local time.
- Fixed: Folders converted to Outlook with more than 15,000 messages convert very slowly.