(Applies to: Address Magic Personal PLUS)
To convert your messages for use on a new computer, follow the procedure below. This procedure preserves attachments.
Connected Software cannot provide technical support on the process below. However, we will provide a refund if it doesn't work for you.
IMPORTANT: Do not use this procedure for IMAP accounts! Just recreate the IMAP account on your new computer and all of your messages will appear.
- Go to the old computer and install Address Magic Personal PLUS.
- If your old computer does not have Internet access, you'll need to go to this web page to activate the product:
- For your Source format, select your old email application.
- For the Destination format, select Thunderbird. You do not need to have Thunderbird installed.
- After you click Thunderbird, click the File button and choose a directory to write the intermediate copy of the email.
- Allow the conversion to complete.
- Copy the directory from Step 5 to the new computer using a CD, USB thumb drive, or similar.
- On the new computer, select Thunderbird as the Source.
- Click the folder button and choose the directory from Step 7.
- Choose your destination email application.
- Click Finish.
For instructions on converting your contacts to a new computer, see this article: