The license for Address Magic Enterprise allows you to run as many simultaneous conversions as you have licenses. This article discusses the practical limitations to running simultaneous migrations.
- If you are converting between local applications on a workstation, such as from a Lotus Notes nsf archive to a local PST file, then you can start as many simultaneous migrations as you want because they don't impact each other. Your license does not limit the number of simultaneous migrations you can perform.
- Address Magic Enterprise intentionally prevents a user from running multiple simultaneous migrations in different windows on the same workstation. This is because applications such as Outlook, Lotus Notes and GroupWise maintain global state across all applications running on the workstation. The one exception to this rule is that you can convert to external applications such as IMAP, Gmail and Gapps, must you must set Duplicate Handling to "allow duplicates."
- If you are doing a centralized migration and want to simultanously migrate multiple users, you need to use multiple workstations, one for each user. Again, this is because of global application state, not because Addres Magic places a heavy load on workstation.
- If you are migrating to or from a mailbox on Microsoft Exchange, you need to make sure that your Exchange server has enough IOPS to handle multiple simultanous migrations. A migration can read or write thousands of messages per minute. This can be a significant burden on smaller Exchange Servers.Exceeding the server's IOPS capacity may slow down the migrations significantly and/or cause delays in mail delivery.
- Make sure you have enough bandwidth. If you are converting to Google Apps over a one megabit connection, then a single migration can saturate the bandwidth. Running two simultaneous migrations or more may severely impact the Internet performance for your organization.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.