Convert Mac Eudora to Outlook on PC (Personal)
Posted by Jim Beveridge, Last modified by Jim Beveridge on 25 May 2009 01:56 AM
The process for converting your messages and address book(s) from Mac Eudora to Windows is a little confusing because Address Magic Personal PLUS does not run on the Mac. Here is the correct procedure:
- Create a ZIP file of your Mac data by going to your Documents folder.
- Right-click on “Eudora Folder” and select Create Archive.
- Copy the resulting ZIP file to your PC. This method is preferred to copying the individual files because it’s not possible to copy some filenames to a PC.
- Unzip the ZIP file on the PC to a new directory, such as C:\Mac.
- Convert each address book, one at a time: Run Address Magic Personal PLUS, choose Address Book conversion, choose Eudora as your source, click the File button, choose one of the Mac Eudora address book files, then select Outlook as the destination.
- Convert all of the messages.Run Address Magic Personal PLUS, choose Email conversion, choose Eudora as your source, click the Folder button, choose C:\Mac\Eudora Folder, then select Outlook as the destination.
The following limitations apply to messages converted from Mac Eudora:
- The read/unread state is not remembered.
- The replied/forwarded flags are not handled.
- Attachments to email that you sent will not be reattached.
- Attachments to email that you received are sometimes not possible to reattach.