(Applies to: Epicenter Server)
Epicenter Server can be copied to a new computer as follows.
- Make sure Outlook is correctly installed and configured on the new computer, and that you have run it at least once.
- Install Epicenter Server on the new computer.
- Register Epicenter Server on the new computer using the license code from your receipt. (Do not use the license code from the About box in Epicenter. It will not work on the new computer.)
- Shut down Epicenter Server on both the old and new computers using Task | Exit.
- Copy the Epicenter Server data directory from the old computer to the new computer:
C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Connected Software\Epicenter Server
- [THIS STEP IS IMPORTANT] On the old computer, go to the Settings for each task, go to the Schedule page, and set it to Only when Send Now is clicked.
- Uninstall Epicenter on the old computer. If you don't do this, then the copy of Epicenter on the old computer can keep running and interfere with Epicenter on the new computer.
- Now you can start Epicenter on the new computer. You should see the list of tasks from your old computer.
- Once the new installation is working to your satisfaction, uninstall Epicenter on the old computer.