Problem: Address Magic Personal cannot import Windows Address Book (WAB) in Windows 7.
Cause: WAB is not supported by Windows 7.
Solution: There are two workarounds.
The first alternative is to import to Windows Contacts on the Windows 7 computer.
- Copy the WAB file to the Windows 7 computer.
- Open your Windows Contacts folder under Windows 7.
- Click the Import button on the toolbar.
- Select Windows Address Book File as the Source.
- Click Import.
- Use Address Magic to convert Windows Contacts to Outlook.
The second alternative is to export the WAB file on the original Windows XP system as follows:
- Run Address Magic on a Windows XP system.
- Select WAB as the source.
- If the WAB file is from another computer, use the File button to select it. Otherwise just click Next.
- Choose Address Magic Backup (AMI) as the Destination.
- Click the File button and write the file to a USB thumb drive that you can bring to the new computer.
- Run Address magic on the new computer and convert the AMI file to Windows 7, then convert to Outlook 2010.