(Applies to: Epicenter Server)
Problem: You launch Epicenter with the icon on the Desktop, but nothing happens.
Please try the following solutions, in this order:
- Open the Windows Task Manager and kill all running instances of Epicenter.
- Open the Properties for the Epicenter Server icon on your Desktop. Select the Compatibility tab. Make sure that "Run as Administrator" is NOT checked. That will not work and will cause bad results.
- Make sure that the software is installed by the user who runs the software. Don't install the software with one user and then run it by another user.
- Make sure your Outlook profile is configured and that Outlook starts. Weird things happen if Outlook isn't working.
- Open up the folder with the "Epicenter Server.exe" executable. It's in:C:\Program Files (x86)\Connected Software\Epicenter Server\. Right-click on the .exe file, select Properties, and check the Digital Signature to make sure it's valid. If it's not valid, then something (usually anti-virus) truncated the .exe file and that's what's causing the problem. Uninstall and reinstall.
- If the signature is valid, then try opening the .exe file instead of running from the shortcut on the desktop.
- Disable antivirus.
- Create a folder on your Desktop named "Epicenter Server Logging" (include the spaces, but not the quotes.) When you run the software, you should get a new file in that directory if the software started.
If this still doesn't work, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.