Error 12029 during activation
Posted by Jim Beveridge, Last modified by Jim Beveridge on 11 April 2008 08:11 AM
Symptom: You receive an Error 12029 after you enter your registration code.
Cause: You are running a software firewall and ePreserver is blocked from accessing the Internet.
Solution: Add ePreserver to the "allowed" list for your firewall with the following steps.
1. Right-click the AOL Security Center icon on your task bar.
2. Choose Firewall | Open from the menu.
3. You will see the AOL Security Center open up, like this:
4. From the Tools menu, choose Program Permissions.
5. Click the Add button.
6. In the Open dialog, choose the file named
C:\Program Files\Connected Software\ePreserver\ePreserver.exe
7. In the Select Permission window, click the Allow button.
8. You should now see ePreserver in the list of allowed applications.
9. Now run ePreserver again and you should be able to activate successfully.